lunes, 9 de marzo de 2009

Slumdog millionaire

11.-Describe how loss, chance, luck, suffering, and street smarts are also characters behind the scenes. The film explores gain and loss side by side. Triumphs are tempered with loss. Where do you see this evident?
A: The whole movie is based on explaining this extra character, so that you understand that even though these kids are from the slums, they come from a place in common, just trying to make their way in life, trying to understand it in there very own way, and you wouldn’t understand this way, if you didn’t see were they developed during they’re lives, a place that takes and gives in a drastic derailed way.

12.-The chaos and the constant noise and motion of Mumbai at the center of the film, (supported by a fabulous soundtrack) are contrasted with a deeper silent seeking. Describe what each of the main characters is seeking.

A: Like everyone I know and interact with, they are looking for they’re place, even if its corruptive or extreme they must find it, and in general they all do what’s best to understand it and translate it into a less fluctuating movement.

Jamal: I wouldn’t consider him a hero like most do, I think he is the guy with less bad ideals, the one who took what most I’m thinking clean road, he was looking for a meaning in life, he seams to be someone who was a lot more into a bigger purpose, and understanding as something practical, like a way to live, seeing it every day in Latika´s eyes, wrong maybe, but in the end his sole purpose.

Latika: Even if we didn’t see Latika for the most part of the movie I think I can describe her as an object, and I’m not meaning to sound like a macho man or anything like that, I think that I don’t understand what happened to her in the first scenes, making me think that she was kind of a lost puppy, who was perfectly fine by finding comfort in someone else’s eyes, its not wrong, I can tell you that much, but I think that she didn’t mind being tossed around as long as she found a place to be identified with, and this place was jamal

Salim: Would I say I saw a bad ass? Maybe, what I saw was a kid who grew up to fast, because his brother needed him, and in the process ended up hating him as well because he couldn’t remain a kid for the time he needed to, he found his way around crooks, and this was because he identified with all the frustration and anger that surrounded him along the way.

Fco. Alan Velazquez Fontanot

3 comentarios:

  1. Salim better be a badass.. he looks like me dude 8-).
    About him, I think he was just a kid who got corrupted.. I mean.. when he got a gun he even pointed it to his brother's head just to stay with a little girl. Besides.. I don't know.. I don't like talking about Salim that much...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. HAHA just because its like you right :P?
    i think that the attitude's of salim it was not his fault, the way that life treated him and his family made him that way, he was forced to make decisions, to take leadership, even when he was not ready. that kind of stuff lead him to make bad decision in his life.

    i think latika it was just like a fill in the movie xD, she was completely useless! she was just lucky to get in Jamal road :P

    ResponderEliminar
  3. About Salim, it is true what you are saying alan, he grew in a harsh environment, so he ended up like that, being corrupted

    ResponderEliminar